Wednesday, June 18, 2008

spoon - les dernières nouvelles


I'd signed up for the 'winery package' which entitled me to a bottle of wine (we chose their pinot noir) and a cheese/fruit platter. This platter was incredible. An entire wedge of brie, partly melted was placed in the center and surrounded by grapes, apples, and a variety of crackers...yum...melty brie.

It was then time to go to the show!! The weather was spectacular and I was steps away from the hotel, beer sheds/pubs, a winery, a few restaurants, this place was paradise. .

After the show, friends and I went to the Black Rabbit, the main restaurant at the hotel. All I wanted was greasy calamari, it was pretty good. The lemons were deep-fried with the calamari to give it a really nice flavor.

Breakfast the next day (which was included in the package!) was DELISH! I had a smoked salmon hash (I'm a sucker for hash!) which came with roasted potatoes/smoked salmon topped with 2 poached eggs, creme fraiche with chive, and rye toast - served with homemade currant jam....I'm salivating just thinking about it. Since my recent trip to France, I want everything to be topped with an egg...makes for such a cheery meal.

The Edgefield/McMinenans offer SO much for your buck, I've never been let down.